Hosting a sleepover is a big deal for your child - and for you. Taking responsibility for a group of kids for a night is one thing, but taking responsibility for entertainment is something entirely different.
The best sleepovers are the ones that are loaded with fun activities. Plus, giving your sleepover group something to do is a sure way to make sure they stay out of trouble (which, as the parent, is top priority).
With just a little bit of preparation and forethought, you can turn “spending the night” into a successful sleepover party!
Here are our top 5 must-have ingredients for sleepover success:
- Fun Snacks: Make sure you’ve stocked your house with snacks your child and their friends will love. While they don’t need to be junk food, they can be fun. Think of creative ways to display the food or offer fun cups or straws. To be extra on top of things, check with all the parents to make sure you’re avoiding any ingredients that any of your guests may be allergic to.
- Old Movies: We think that sleepovers are a great chance for you to share movies that you loved as a kid. Give it a good introduction and watch as your group laughs about “the way things used to be”.
- DIY Crafts: This is a top priority in our book because it accomplishes two things at once - you give your guests something fun to do and you give them something fun to take home. Older groups will love the fun Pendant Jewelry Kits and Paracord Kits, while younger groups enjoy the Fun Fridge Magnet Kit.
- Hands-On Dinner: Get your guests involved with dinner - at least to some extent. Depending on your level of sleepover mastery, choose to create a DIY pizza station, or, for beginners, let the kids choose the toppings on the delivery pizza you order.
- Breakfast Outing: Nothing is worse than a house filled with tired kids and a few hours left before parents come to pick them up. Depending on the age and size of your group, you could plan a fun breakfast outing to a nearby restaurant or plant to have a breakfast buffet ready (and one more craft!) before they go home.
Sleepovers are one of the highlights of childhood. Make sure you create one that will be memorable and fun! Get started on the preparations by purchasing your DIY craft kits at Pinwheel Crafts today!